How I Control My Rinky Dinks

How I Control My Rinky Dinks with PGA professionals AskGolfGuru Mark Crossfield and Coach Lockey. Mark talks about how he uses different levels of speed and techniques with his hybrid in certain situations. Play your best golf with simple and easy to follow golf tips and drills from Mark Crossfield.

facebooktwitter

16 comments on “How I Control My Rinky Dinks

• well done on the distance control. You need to work harder your editing skills though! The slo-mo’s don’t match the shot that was taken…….doh!

• Hahaha! People are always so quick to call someone out. I’ve been watching Marks videos a long time and every now and then I’ll come across a comment just like yours and it makes me laugh every time. Im pretty sure he just picks one swing for slo mo and replays it a couple times throughout the video.

• Matt Barlow says:

Watching this in bed. Wife wetting herself at you expressing your love of your rinkle dinkle! Good video. Never considered hybrids as anything other than a long iron replacement

• Hi Mark, do you ever use your Wrinkle MY Dinkle to putt with from the fringe or first few inches of rough around the greens ? My Adams A7 PNT Hybrid is quite a nice putting machine every now and again.

• Great show, distance control is right up there with direction, thanks for sharing swing thoughts and comparing wedge play to the rink dink-hybrid. I play my #6 hybrid 150-170, never thought about playing it shorter but must try that now as well.

• Would you ever consider consider using a low lofted hybrid instead of a driver ? – I hit a taylotmade 17 hybrid recently – found it easy to hit and was getting 250+ meters from it ?

• Geoff Winn says:

Great vid as usual Mark.

I’ve also dropped using long irons (such as a 2 & 3 iron) and I now have a 16 degree Srixon and 24 degree Benross hybrids.

I use them in many guises – from the tee, fairway, long bunker shot and sometimes round the green. They are both shot savers and give me so many more options than long irons or 3/5 woods

• I have a great rink a dink mizuno 21′ hybrid -that is so forgiving from the first or second cut.,particularly after not such a good tee shot it gets me more distance than any iron to give me a chance to get my 2 points at least .
    Love your videos mark
    Many thanks
    Steve

• Like the “hit them like wedges” concept. First thing I did with my G30 19-degree hybrid was have a Ping Dial-a-wedge grip installed on it. Three hash marks and a fatter lower grip make easy to grip down for different length shots, played pretty much exactly as I would a pitching wedge. Works for me!

• I was an early VZ customer that has a great email address which I want to use and VZ is not some rinky dink company and they should be giving sufficient support to any product that offer whether they are charging $1 or $100.